Wirepas Connectivity for Water Meters
Smart meters are a fast growing application area within the device connectivity and IoT (Internet of Things) market. Smart meters are used in electricity, water and gas. The main use case in water metering is naturally gathering consumption data, but the connectivity also enables new possibilities such as monitoring the water infrastructure.
The water meters are usually battery operated so energy efficiency and long autonomy with battery are among key requirements. Density, range and demanding environments such as basements and being deep indoors pose a challenge to the network. Another important requirement is fast reaction or alarm functionality in case of leakage for example.
Wirepas Connectivity for Water Meters enables wireless multi-hop mesh connectivity.
Massive IoT- different technologies for different needs
A white paper by Northstream, commissioned by Wirepas, with the aim to provide an objective and independent view on connectivity technologies for massive IoT.Download whitepaper »
Features & benefits
- Different communication interval and power budget configurations available. As low as sub 10uA average power budget possible.
- Fully automatic operation provides easy installation and requires no maintenance for the network.
- High network density for example in metering room installations.
- Scalability to geographically large networks for city-wide installations
- With Wirepas Connectivity the meters are the communications infrastructure. This means that no extra communication devices are required.
- High node to gateway ratio minimizes backhaul data plan costs. Deterministic bandwidth independent of scale
- Sub-GHz physical layer support provide long device-to-device ranges and enables sparse deployments.